Whole Home Surge Protection

Our Whole Home surge unit is more than just Surge Protection. EP has designed the new residential unit with all of the same benefits of our high-end commercial unit. The unit not only removes large surges like lightning events but also dissipates and removes unwanted high-frequency noise, smaller transients and the additional 80% of surges that other surge units do not.

NEW form EP-HPF protection is not an option, it’s a Necessity for every homeowner. 

An average home in the US has over $20,000 worth of electrical appliances that are subjected to damaging effects of the surges. The surges cause millions of dollars of damage to the electrical systems every year, with an average insurance claim of $11,668 per surge incident in the year 2018 for the US residential market. Although the amount shown above only reflects in the instantaneously damaged electrical loads per incident, there are thousands of dollars of damage that is “slowly causing” to the residential market.

The surges primarily come into your home in two ways, external and internal. External surge sources are the lighting and utility disturbances. Internal surges are the switching transients generated by your regular home appliances. While the external surges are less than 10% of the surges in the home, the rest 90% are from internal sources. 

The majority of the home appliances in the home uses a switching mechanism to operate efficiently, letting out residual switching noise into the electrical system.The switching noise is inevitable, irrespective of how new or expensive your appliances are. The switching noise “rings” within the electrical system causing the noise to further amplify. The amplification of such is the “internally generated surge or switching transient”, causing the damaging effect to the other expensive appliances and electronics.

The damaging effects of the surges are:

1.     Complete damage to the appliance, making it inoperable

2.     Malfunction or erratic nature of the load, causing load tripping

3.     Excessive heat generation, resulting in“hot to touch” appliance, or increased power bill

4.     Premature damage to the appliance, shortening the life of the appliances

Many homeowners believe that the surge strips used in the home are sufficient enough to protect their home appliances, but the reality is that the surge takes various paths to get into the home and it is impossible for a surge strip to divert all the surges to itself and protect your load. A homeowner must have “complete home protection” to protect all the appliances in the home at the main service entrance to the home.

EP offers the“complete home protection” plan in the form of EP-HPF, a UL listed type2 SPD (Surge Protection Device), that protects the home from both internal and external surges. In addition to removing the surges, EP-HPF can also act as a filter removing constantly generated ringing noise amongst the appliances. EP-HPF can be retrofitted to any manufacturer's electrical panel without complication and is easily mountable with visible LED status indicators.

EP-HPF for a home is not an option, but it’s a necessity. The homeowner is constantly adding sophisticated electronics to their home such as gaming machines, laptops and high-end home theater systems. It is critical to protect high dollar investments from the surges and noise generated in the system. Inexpensive EP-HPF could protect your $20,000 in appliances, increasing their lifetime in addition to the possible power savings. The energy savings ROI could be as low as 1 year for a typical home installation.

About

O&M Resources, Inc. was established in 2010 as a power consulting firm providing solutions for electrical system issues due to out of date electrical designs. We employ a technical sales staff consisting of Electrical Engineers, Electrical Designers and Master Electrician with over 25+ years each of experience in the industry.

Contact Info

Address: 13201 N.W. Freeway, Suite 800 Houston, Texas 77040

Office:     (281) 456-3568  

Fax:         (281) 826-5910

TECL #32157      PUC# BR190538

We would love to hear from you!
Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 O&M Resources All rights reserved